Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution networks and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd and other Concessionaires in Uganda, directly distributes of power in Ten territories covering over 86 rural and border districts, operates a modern pole plant at Lugogo, and executes key rural electrification schemes on behalf of Government of Uganda.
The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandan for the role of Transformer Maintenance Engineer.
Position: Transformer Maintenance Engineer
Reports to: Principal Technical Services Officer
Number of positions: One (1)
Department: Technical Services
Purpose of the Job
To install, maintain protect, repair and care for transformers and metering units in an effective manner aimed at ensuring continuity of supply to customers and minimizing replacement costs due to equipment failure.
Key Result Areas
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance plan of the distribution transformers, power transformers and metering units in line with approved budget and prudent utility practice.
- Maintain a detailed record of transformers and customer metering units on UEDCL distribution network with their dates of installation, and those decommissioned from the network.
- Develop maintenance record of the distribution transformers and customer metering units, indicating details of maintenance/repair works performed and due dates for the next maintenance/service.
- Devise means of minimizing transformer failure rate and vandalism of transformers on the network.
- Prepare budget requirements for planned and unplanned works for transformers and metering units, and allocate the resources appropriately.
- Prepare performance reports spelling out the benefits realized from the maintenance works conducted.
- Attend to unplanned incidents on transformers and metering units for quick restoration of supply.
- Process transformer repair works & services by contractors and staff.
- Produce daily records of transformers reported faulty and devise replacement strategies.
- Maintain a record of transformer fault reports and transformer commissioning reports.
- Process procurement of transformers, transformer maintenance materials and specialized tools.
- Conduct training of field teams on transformers handling, installation and maintenance.
- Develop, review and update commissioning and handling processes of transformers, maintenance materials and tools thereto.
- Support projects teams at commissioning of transformers and metering units.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in Electricity Distribution/Transmission/Generation company, majorly on transformers, or in a company which manufactures or assembles transformers.
• Valid Driving Permit (Attach copy), ability to drive Manual Vehicle is a MUST.
• Ability to work confidently with MS Office packages.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Communication (oral and written) Skills.
• Tight personal organization and processes control abilities.
• Team works and strategic business understanding.
• Communication abilities for presenting results, plans and strategies; as well as periodic reporting of performance.
• Self-driven and motivated personality
• Results oriented.
• Time management personality.
• Pays attention to details
• Good judgment skills
For a detailed Job Description and application for this Job, please visit our website at – https://www.uedcl.co.ug/job-openings/. Only Applications received Online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource and Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday November 10, 2023. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
NB: UEDCL IS AN EQUAL OPPOURTUNITIES EMPLOYER.