Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL) is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution networks and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to Umeme Ltd. The company monitors Umeme Ltd and other Concessionaires in Uganda, directly distributes of power in Ten territories covering over 86 rural and border districts, operates a modern pole plant at Lugogo, and executes key rural electrification schemes on behalf of Government of Uganda.
The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandan for the role of Senior Planning & Development Engineer.
Position: Senior Planning & Development Engineer
Reports to: Principal Planning Engineer
Number of positions: One (1)
Duty Station: Kampala
Purpose of the Job
To Assist the Principal Planning Engineer to plan according to UEDCL requirements. To act as key contact with all concessionaires. Will ensure all planning activities are executed as per directive from Management.
- Timely development of plans to address quality of supply issues.
- Oversee Load flow simulations for the distribution network
- Development of material requirements to ensure safe stock levels
- Overseeing the efficient planning of loss reduction projects on the distribution. network (both commercial and technical loss reduction projects)
- Planning and costing of non-standard services
- Ensure sufficient commissioning of contractors works
- Planning and designing of commercial schemes
- Ensuring that the Network GIS database is updated at all times.
- Support the achievement of the UEDCL’s cost and efficiency targets through efficient management of the regional capital expenditure.
• B.Sc. Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Valid Driving Permit (Attach copy), ability to drive Manual Vehicle is a MUST
• 5 years’ working experience in a Distribution Network entity
• At least two (2) years post qualification in a leadership role
• Corporate Member of Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE).
For a detailed Job Description and application for this Job, please visit our website at – https://www.uedcl.co.ug/job-openings/. Only Applications received Online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource and Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday November 10, 2023. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
NB: UEDCL IS AN EQUAL OPPOURTUNITIES EMPLOYER.