Number of Positions : 01
Department : Technical Services
Reports to : Manager Financial Accounting
Supervises : Senior Financial Accounting
Duty station : Head Office
Purpose of the position:
Prepare and Review Financial Transactions in a specified period of time in accordance to the UEDCL financial Guidelines and Policies.
Key Result Areas:
- Review and verify all financial Requisitions and Vouchers for accuracy and compliance to set guidelines before submission to the Manager Financial Accounting for approval.
- Prepare, submit monthly tax returns plus any other statutory obligations according to the statutory requirements.
- Update and maintain the inventory ledger on monthly basis for all stores according to the financial policy.
- Assist with audit preparations (Internal and external).
- Provide prompt settlement of all suppliers’ invoices and staff payments in line with the Finance Manual.
- Review monthly Bank reconciliations for all UEDCL Accounts and report to Manager Financial Accounting on any anomalies in line with the Finance Manual.
- Prepare Departmental Monthly report highlighting key information for management action as per UEDCL policy guidelines.
- Review and monitor implementation of internal controls including risk assessments and review of risk areas in line with the company’s risk policy.
- Participate in the budget preparation process with inclination on financial implication of budget assumption in accordance to the Finance manual.
- Reconcile prepaid accounts on monthly basis and ensure all expense are captured in the respective periods and well analyzed.
- Prepare bi weekly working capital report and submit to Manager Financial Accounting.
- Ensure all documents are scanned and well archived.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in commerce (BCOM), Business Administration (BBA) or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Professional Qualification at least Stage II, i.e. ACCA, CPA
- Experience of not less than 5 years in a reputable public or private organization
- Proficiency in handling of Sunsystem, Vision & Ms Excel, Ms word, Power point
- Financial Analytical Skills & Problem solving Skills, should have good written communication skills.
- Proven Track of Integrity & Work ethics, Committed Team player whose Result Oriented and good at getting the best out of his/her Subordinates.
- Membership to a professional accounting body is an added advantage.
Application Information: Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday 16th September 2022. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.