UEDCL (Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited) is a limited liability company, 100% owned by the Government of Uganda, incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution networks and all the operational assets associated with the business. These Assets have been leased to private operators (i.e.UMEME, and WENRECO) for Purposes of attracting Private Capital in the energy Sector. Additionally, UEDCL has other mandates and Licenses: – to supply power in areas where there are no Private Operators especially in rural areas across the country, operates a pole treatment plant at Lugogo, and executes key rural electrification schemes on behalf of Government of Uganda. The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following roles: –
Job Title: Network Data Collectors (40)
Reports To: Senior GIS Officer
Department: Technical Services
To capture data on the current status of the Electricity distribution Network.
Key Result Areas
- Identify & capture Geospatial Data on changes on the Electricity Distribution Network GIS update (New Connections, Line Diversions, Injections, New Lines, Extensions and Line Refurbishments) and other necessary distribution infrastructure.
- To manage and Report on the Inspection of 33KV, 11KV and low voltage Networks.
- Identify and Report on high-risk hazards on the Networks
- Evaluate loading of lines and transformers.
- Provide basic recommendations and necessary corrective actions, based on findings on the ground.
- A good understanding of the Electricity distribution network Infrastructure.
- Experience in Field Mobile GIS data capture using handhelds based on Esri ArcPad and Specialized Android accompanying workflows.
- Readiness to be deployed to any part of the country.
- Holder of a Diploma in Electrical engineering as a minimum
- Between ages on 25 and 35 years old
Experience of 3 years in electric distribution network data capture, maintenance and operations
Application Information: Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday 10th June 2022. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.
NB: UEDCL IS AN EQUAL OPPOURTUNITIES EMPLOYER.