Positon : Metering Engineering Officer
Number of Positions : 01
Reports to : Protection and Metering Engineering Officer
Department : Technical Services
Duty station : Head Office
Purpose of the position:
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and company policy and processes in relation to metering.
- Develop and implement metering compliance guidelines to all the regulatory requirements
- Ensure adherence to the UEDCL Meter Management guidelines
- Develop metering equipment specifications and installation standards
- Coordinate and execute quality testing and verification activities of all metering installations, to ensure conformity and compliance to the required standards.
- Inform stakeholders about new/ revised regulations relating to the metering environment
- Prepare regulatory reports in regard to metering standards and compliance
- Plan and execute audit assignments to ensure precision and accuracy of metering equipment
- Provide technical support to the territory metering teams for resolution and rectification of metering related issues/complaints
- Ascertain metering project quality and compliance to standards
- Participates in the development of design changes for metering equipment and related ancillaries
- Undertaking technical reviews and providing design criteria of technical standards
- Undertake boundary-metering activities (installation, commissioning, relocation and auditing) jointly with UETCL at points of common coupling.
- Oversee the effective metering of all UEDCL customers ranging from the Domestic to the large power users (HT customers).
- Carryout data and trends analysis on reported metering anomalies to guide audit and anomaly resolution.
- Act as liaison between UEDCL and all other sector players for all meter related engagements
- Provide metering support to the Revenue Protection Unit (RPU) in loss reduction
- Ensure safety of equipment and personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- 3-5 years’ work experience
- Good knowledge of Windows OS is an added advantage
- Strong knowledge and skills in metering application software such as SMARTSET, MCUBE etc. is an added advantage.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills in handling various types of energy meters, meter-testing techniques and with leadership capacity.
Application Information: Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday 16th September 2022. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.