Number of Positions : 01
Reports to : Internal Auditor
Department : Corporate
Duty Station : Head Office
Key Results Areas:
- Assist performance of processes that ensure compliance with organization’s operational and accounting policies in line with the UEDCL strategy and standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA),
- Perform Compliance Audits across all departments of the organization and report on the findings accordingly
- Assist in the design of internal control Compliance check lists for all heads of sections to keep them abreast with the compliance requirements as they execute their day to day activities.
- Support / Handle special Audit assignment requests by the Managing Director into various special financial and operational investigations in line with UEDCL policies and procedures.
- Support Preparation of a work methodology and conduct audit of Umeme asset investments in line with the Lease and Assignment agreement.
- Assist performance of value for money audits and advise management how to efficiently, effectively and economically use the available scarce resources.
- Support the formulation of risk management strategies and policies and all operations areas of the organization, reviewing exposure to risk and the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate risks.
- Assist the review of financial systems and report on compliance with the UEDCL Financial Policies and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and practices.
- Assist on any other special assignments as appropriate (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as requested.
- Prepare internal audit reports which present audit findings in a clear, concise manner
- Recommend improvements to systems and controls based on observations and best practice
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by UEDCL
Note: Only candidates with a Bachelor’s in any Business- or Engineering-related course with First Class Honours and Second Class Upper can apply.
Application Information: Only Applications received online will be considered. To apply; upload your CV (Clearly indicating 3 referees with contacts), Cover letter and all copies of Academic and other support documents. Put the Job title on the subject Line.
Address your application to: The Head Human Resource & Administration, UEDCL Tower, Plot 37 Nakasero Road, Kampala.
NB: Each document that is to be uploaded should not exceed file size of 1MB.
Closing Date: All applications MUST be submitted by, 5:00PM, Friday 16th September 2022. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for guidance on the next step.